Una Salus Victus Revisitado

segunda-feira, novembro 20, 2006

A Tale of Nuts and Christmas

Or

How a Nutty Man, given a Nut, gives a nutty speech about… not about Nuts, but about Christmas!

You gave me a Nut!

Are you trying to say that I’m Nuts?

Or that I am a Squirrel?

Neither, nor…

If instead a Christmas Snowman

I gave you a Reindeer,

Would that mean that I think you’re a cuddly furry animal?

Or could it mean that I’m Nuts for even thinking of it?

Well, this late in the day, and looking out into the darkness,

I feel, better, I Hope, that there’s still a nutty old man flying around in the sky,

Training for the Big Day,

Waiting for a glass of milk and a plate of cookies in every chimney.

And as him, I too wait, but for the only day

when all men are brothers, and gift is just a gift.

Over here they say that “Christmas is when a man wants it to be”.

I think of as an unalienable right to give, to build

A kind of joy to every man, woman or child,

In effect, to give or teach how to build and give happiness to all.

But all that fails if we cannot give, or try to build with,

The happiness we deserve with those we love the most.

Nuts…I’m not nuts…

(maybe raving mad, but not nuts)

All this, Because a single NUT!

Nutty, isn’t it?